About UsPikepara Uttaran
Pikepara Uttaran fights for Women and Children’s rights. In 2014, in response to the violation of the rights of women and children in W.B., some professional social workers created the organization intending to promote social justice, equity and harmony. Working all over West Bengal, Pikepara Uttaran promotes women’s economic empowerment and children’s rights through interventions to prevent the trafficking of children for domestic work. Activities include the promotion of education, strengthening community-based protection and empowering women through education and skill development.
This organization was registered under the WEST BENGAL ACT XXVI OF 1961 and aspires with the evangelical end to leave out to proceed for a society where the moral values and good principles of life living would be followed. The evils will have perished away and the people will live with justice, equity, dignity and peace
where mutual trust, love, affection, mutual respect, sisterhood and brotherhood will be maintained and honored.
Pikepara Uttaran is registered with the Registrar of Societies under Registration Of Societies West Bengal Act XXVI Of 1961 and the type of NGO is Registered Societies (Non-Government) and the Registration Number is S/2L/NO19937 OF 2014-2015. Also registered under U/S 12AA(1)(b)(i) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 bearing the number CIT(E)/10E/488/2015-16/S-0176/3987-89 dated 23/02/2016. The city and state of registration are Kolkata and West Bengal. Our Unique Id of VO/NGO is WB/2017/0160820. The date of registration is 28/04/2014.
The Managing Committee Board urges students, public leaders, Parents to continually work hard with full courage and strength so that all these programs and proposed projects will be possible for the welfare of the Tribal people of our state and attain our objective.
The organization aims to achieve a high standard of life for the community, especially the exploited and deprived class, and equip them with quality general education including IT, and promote community participation.
The objective for which Uttaran works is to improve the Life Standard of the people of the entire underprivileged society.
- Periodical Medical Camp at Distt. Of North 24pgs in Narikele, Amkola and Tangra villages for ‘Biri –Sramik (Tobacco Maker)
- Multiple Awareness programs on labor issues
- Developed training and awareness materials
- Sponsor poor students enabling them to continue their studies.
- Protection of child labor through awareness and education
- To conduct awareness programs to promote workers rights
- To create awareness regarding gender sensitization.
- Distributed new Clothes to the Old age Home Dwellers during festive seasons.
- Successfully educate the drug-addicted persons to quit the ill habit.
- Involved ourselves in many Blood Donation Camps.